So you’ve been looking for fun things to do with your friends but you’re also on a budget well you’re in the right place. On Saturday (27-01-18) my friends and I went on a picnic; let me just add that this trip was long overdue but thank goodness it finally came to pass. Here are some of the things you might need to know before embarking on this journey.
- You need friends or at least one person because it’d be boring and expensive for you alone.
- You need to get your timing right. We initially planned to be on our way around 10 because the location (Akwuke beach is quite far from Enugu metropolis) but we left around 12 Because we had to wait for everyone to be complete.
- You need lots of snacks and water; my friends and I met up at the mall because we were all coming from different places so naturally the most central place to meet up was at the mall. We also seized the opportunity to buy snacks, drinks, styrofoam cups and plates and a mat to place our food.
- Your means of transportation needs to be sorted out before departure time. Thankfully a friend of a friend came to the rescue on this case. But however transport to the place would cost about 1500 Naira for a tricycle aka keke or 3000 for a taxi. My advice; take a taxi because the dust on the way there is terrible plus you’d pass a local market. Also make plans with whoever is driving telling him or her your plan for leaving when you’re done because the place is a rural area and transportation is not readily available.
- You need a speaker or any alternative means of playing music. Also you need cards or a plastic ball something to spice up the place.
At the end of it all just make sure you have loads of fun and take lots of pictures because you might not all be opportune to be in the same place at the same time.
My outfit details
Crop top: primark
Slippers: a gift
Sunglasses: Christian Dior
Make sure to wear something you’re comfortable in (you’ll thank me later) that’s all from me today guys.
Till next time